Thursday, August 6, 2015

The world, empty.

I have currently just spent the longest time alone I have had in a while.

Lonliness, emptyness, does the idea deem inviting or repelling.

As I write this I have just been looking around at pictures of abandonded building and I am watching a documentary called Uranium: Twisting the dragons tail. And in this documentary there is a section on Chernobyl.

Places like Chernobyl have always intrigued me, a reset world. The visible reclamation of nature. Its empty yet so full, full of thought and of potential. Being alone to me is inviting in many ways, to think to myself, to do what I want, to go at my own pace and achieve what I want to focus or unfocus.

I wonder about the life after this, surely I will spend time with others, but will I have the place to be alone in some forest, or other planet. Who knows.

I think the prospect of an abandoned world is intriguing to many, fiction has played off of it for years.

Is it the beauty of stillness? Is it the plants that inevitably claim the walls?

Or is it freedom?

Freedom from material, from stuff... from the schedules, from the hiding your feelings, from the choices that are, in the end, insignificant.

Peace, something that comes when less things get in the way of what we really want to be doing.

Now, when we carry around our guilt or our worries and fears. It stresses our life, it keeps us from peace and being able to enjoy the important things.

Now when one turns to God, God has provisioned to remove those things, and given us a process to follow.

Then when we abandon these things, leaving them to God, peace comes. we can look at our seemingly empty life and finally do what it was meant for, what is our life meant for?

many people dont even know what they would do without having overwhelming worry, guilt and fear.

But when you encounter God, then life changes.

Abandon Self.





(Kinda just half asleep wrote this, hope it makes sense)

No comments:

Post a Comment