Sunday, November 9, 2014

Break time

This weekend we just had a speaker come and talk on the topic of media and the brain.

It was very eye opening for many of us.

The areas of music, social networking, video games, and theatrical entertainment are all places where the devil can reach God's children to insert ungodly principles into our lives, and believe me, Im living example of how much spiritual degradation can be brought through media. And BTW if you didn't know, media is a medium, and can be used for good and evil. But guess who rules this world and its media, ill give you a hint, its not God.


 We also talked about addictions.

And if you think media and similar can't be an addiction think again. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), published by the American Psychiatric Association put Video Games and Internet Gaming down as a legitimate addiction and disorder. 

You know what that means? If that can be a addiction, its more than possible for people to become addicted or make a negative habit out of things in the same realm. For instance-

Social media, even blogger. (Disclaimer- this is not a lets burn it all type exclamation)

I purpose to be open and honest with everyone and myself, and to be honest, something as simple as Blogger, which I aim to share spiritual and righteous material with, can still be something that gets between me and God.

Its about temperance, and self-control, which both principle to help us maintain our relationship with Christ. Time and trust are building blocks for relationships but often time I find myself honestly devoting more time to the internet, and the desire to share my thoughts on here.


When, as a Christ lover I should be devoting myself to sharing my thoughts with Him and receiving and reading his thoughts in his word.

I honestly would be frightened to find out how much time really I sacrifice to my desire to be engaged in social networking and how much time I spend think about myself or others I enjoy thinking about instead of God.

ANYTHING can come between you and God. But God wants to help us, and If we think, even slightly feel as if something, even simple or innocent is disturbing our relationship with Christ we should cut it off.

Imagine with me you are eating a snack, or something, or just having a meal and you read a article about the food you have been eating. It says that if this food is consumed over a long period of time it can "possibly" create a disease that will eventually kill the consumer.

I would probably stop eating it. It doesn't matter, I would not take the minutest chance of it. I I hope you would do the same, at the very least stop eating it to see if you feel different.

But its so sad that many of us will guard out physical health with zeal but not our spiritual health.

Satan's favorite trick is to give you something that only has a little bit of spiritual poison but it tastes really really good, or maybe its something that feels really good, or maybe even you are using this thing like me, and justifying its use because it can help people come closer to God.

Read this-

"But I beat my body and bring it into submission, lest by any means, after I have preached to others, I myself should be rejected." 1 Cor 9:27

Paul is speaking to me and many others in this verse. He is saying you could be PREACHING, doing Gods work, evangelizing, and still if we are not guarded, if we are not disciplined, we will be lost, castaway, and rejected.

I myself have had the Holy Spirit speaking softly to my heart on this issue, and I plan to fast from blogger and social stuff and music for 7 days. And yah, I will miss important things, I will not be sharing my experiences or thoughts.

But really, lets be logical, if Christ is the one we adore and love, we should be happy to give up something to make more time to talk to him and read His words.

So, do you love Him, or at least want to love Him more?

Join me, and fast, give up, or sacrifice something to him for just a week, and don't just fill it with meaningless things, but put in that effort to make it additional time for prayer and getting to know who our Friend, Lover, Creator, Lord, Master, and God really is and what he wants to say to you.

Chances are He has something to say to you right now.

Give it a shot, you may lose some, even losing good things like connections to friends and family, but God will notice your effort.

But don't take my word for it.

28Then Peter began to say to him, See, we have left all, and have followed you. 29And Jesus answered and said, Truly I say to you, There is no man that has left house, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 30But he shall receive an hundred times now in this time, houses, and brothers, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. 31But many that are first shall be last; and the last first. Mark 10:28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment