Sunday, July 12, 2015

Minimalism- A principle.


I just got done watching a TEDx talk about a guy who went minimalist. And I would suggest watching it.

https://youtu.be/GgBpyNsS-jU

But the entire time I was watching this video I could help but thinking about how Christ would share this minimalist principle.

Note the gentlemen in this video do not tie this with God's character and plan, though it would've been an excellent opportunity. They guy practically gave a testimony like a Christian would.

 I praise God that I am poor. That I don't feel attached to stuff like most people.

The Lord gives a longing to separate from the world, we, even non-believers can sense that this world has nothing to offer us any lasting satisfaction and fulfillment.

I see poor, impoverished, disease stricken people, offer me kind words and monetary donations on a daily basis while I do ministry. But those who have been given many houses, and possessions greedily hold on and do not offer hospitality to me as a stranger and wanderer. I say I would rather have the heart of the poor, than the possessions of the wealthy.

Minimalism is a principle of Christianity, and when violated, it causes the utmost disgust to the unbeliever. People know intuitively what constitutes a Christlike life, the law is written on our hearts, and by attaining wealth and lavishments we spurn the character of God and his selflessness.

Ill let the Holy Spirit say the rest:

16  And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? ...
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.



"The deepest poverty, with God’s blessing, is better than houses and lands, and any amount of earthly treasure, without it. God’s blessing places value on everything we possess; but if we have the whole world without his blessing we are indeed as poor as the beggar, for we can take nothing with us into the next world." - Signs 4/1/1875

No comments:

Post a Comment