Sunday, August 3, 2014

Jesus loves me this I know

The phrase, "Jesus loves me this I know", has never meant more to me than today. There is a point in life that I have reached when I asked for Gods help. I cried out to God, over and over, expecting nothing.

God was listening though, to the unutterable cry of my soul. My life very drastically changed in moments. But...

Even when the valley of the shadow of death is of your own doing he is there.

I always thought that the verse

Psalms 23:4;5
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Would mean I am being attacked, or I have been surrounded, God will surely come to my rescue.

But friends, I have a report, it is much more precious a promise than that. Much lovelier a treat.

Even when we, fully knowing where the enemy is, or seeing death ahead, willfully and purposely walk forward, no matter how far into enemy territory we tread, or how deeply we walk into the valley of death (sin). We are followed, we are watch, every step to darkness is recorded by God, he notes our slightest shift away from his presence.

Knowing this fact, one might say he recorded and notes for Judgement, he follows us, to take evidence of our need of destruction.

Friends, brothers and sisters, he follows, he records, he traces us for a better purpose, a nobler goal, a higher reason.

Our redemption!

His thoughts are higher than ours, so much higher!

Isaiah 55:8;9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

He chastens us, when you are submitted to him, he refines you in the fire of affliction.

This fire, at least in my case, is a fire kindled by my own hand. But praise God, he can even use a sinner like me, who starts his own fire, and walks deeply into the valley of death, not in ignorance but it full knowledge.

How gracious God is to us, to me. He surely does not desire sacrifice, but mercy, obedience.

The wise surely have said, fear can force a man to change, but love, or loving mercy of our God, this love can make a man want to change.

Obedience is only true obedience out out of love, not fear.

Today I have known fear, my life lost, my future in ruin.

But the promise, the hope of Jesus Christ, who gladly bears my sin....

For what end? Our creator, sinless, mighty, and worthy of all honor takes my destruction, my sin, my weakness, my defilement... For what end?

To receive me.

What wondrous love is this...

Glory to God, for this day he has shown his endless love, and mercy to me...

And in return?

John 5:14
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

He just wants me to "sin no more". To obey his Law, to exemplify order in my life according to his statues...

That is my duty, as a forgiven sinner.

May I ever remember this mercy, and I do take hold of this promise "lest a worse thing come upon thee".

God has shown me he will give me up to my destructive habits, to redeem me. And he Loves me just enough to refine me again, and again, and again.

If you read this, pray I "sin no more."

All this is only possible because of the sacrifice of God, in Jesus Christ, by his precious redeeming blood, which makes the Sinful heard by the Sinless.

In that name, I do say.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment