Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Eventually

This interesting event happens over and over again, I can't seem to avoid it.

To set the area, I was with my friend last night and we were talking.... Well I was talking really. But essentially there was sort of a conversation. This conversation was about life.

And EVENTUALLY it got to this event, this unavoidable question...

Why are we here? Why does existence exist?

The ancient question of all, the paramount inquiry, What is the meaning of Life?

After many minutes of feeling like a philosopher, this question emerged. Why? I don't know really, but I do know that I feel it needs an answer, and I am not one to be able to ignore my curiosity.

 But as a believer and follower of the Living Creator God, one scripture came to mind from a sermon related to this topic.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, thee only true God and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent. John 17:3 KJV

There it is. A very simple but complicated answer.

After reading this verse, if you are not satisfied with the answer, please pray, then allow me to guide you through what God has shown me.

First of all, this isn't just to answer the question of what is life on earth, but Eternal Life, the here and after. This is the answer to the question, What "might" I be doing for eternity?

Getting to know God.

If getting to know Him doesn't sit well with you as a purpose in life. Just give it a try.

By beholding we become changed, and its a human desire to become a "better" person, having kindness, and love. This is also the desire of our creator, and this is our purpose.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. (I John 3:2 [KJV]

All to long in my life, I have tried and tried to be like others, and along the way reflect positive characteristics in those I chose to "behold."

Whats crazy is, this desire cannot and will not be fulfilled if I continue to behold what man can do, because man cannot out of himself become better, but that that's the beauty of Jesus. He proved, by divine power we can "be like him" but only if we "see him as he is."






1 comment:

  1. Amen! Brother Josiah. What do you think about this quote?

    The philosopher turns aside from the light of salvation, because it puts his proud theories to shame; the worldling refuses to receive it, because it would separate him from his earthly idols. Paul saw that the character of Christ must be understood before men could love Him or view the cross with the eye of faith. Here must begin that study which shall be the science and the song of the redeemed through all eternity. In the light of the cross alone can the true value of the human soul be estimated. {AA 273.1}

    May we each and every day get a closer knowledge of He, who said of himself, is the Truth, the Way, and the Life. (Jn 14:16)

    ReplyDelete